Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lo Siento, pero eso es la vida!

Woo-hoo! On Monday, February 5, 2007, I received my first "Spanish Word of the Day" via email. I hadn't studied Spanish since the summer of '06, when I took a refresher class at Montgomery College (MC).


But now, I needed to quickly get up to speed as my girlfriend was getting married in BARCELONA and I was invited!



First word: espalda, noun, back. This was exciting...everyone in Barcelona would say about me, "Estaba tumbada de espaldas en la arena." Cool...


Now, the question becomes how do I use the daily words? How do I remember them? Can I work them into everyday conversation w/anyone? At the grocery store when talking to the cashier, "Hey, chico, ves mi espalda? Es muy linda no?" Oh, forgot, he actually speaks French. My bad. Or should I say "mon mauvais"?



Well, all I can come up w/at this point is some type of organizational method: I will cut and paste the words, including any sample sentences in a word document. Maybe by the time have 5 - 7 of them I will have figured out what to do with them.



Wait, what's this you're telling me? I can't GO to Barcelona...you've got to be kidding. Cual es el problema?



SCHOOL! I have four classes a week starting May 21st! But the wedding's on June 16th...I only need to miss...four classes!


What can I possibly do to make this trip happen...I know, I will read my email words everyday and maybe the language gods will make a class or two disappear...tune in tomorrow when the word of the day will be____________________.






Hasta la ultima blog,











No comments: