Friday, May 25, 2007

Trabalenguas

As per yesterday's post, you know that I began my renewed study of the Spanish language in February - even though Barcelona ain't gonna happen...





So, here I am, receiving a word of the day in Spanish and not quite sure what to do with them. Sure, I keep copying and pasting them into a word document, but that doesn't mean I remember the words and how to use them. As such, today will be the first day that I really think about how to approach the words.



Today's word is soooooo cool! Trabalenguas. I just love to say it. It means tongue twister in Spanish. I know I can remember this word because it's fun to say. But what if it were a word I didn't like? Hmmm. A quick look at my list and I notice the following word: presumir. It means to show off. What? The verb sounds like "presume" and presume doesn't have any noticeable link to "to show off". I like it when I can paint a visual picture in my head of the foreign word and and English word. So this is a conundrum (sp).



Well, b/tw today and tomorrow, I will have to figure out a way to master this language. What learning strategies can I use?



Stay tuned!


¿Usted no nada nada? No, no traje traje.
Hay chicas chachareras que chacotean con chicos chazos. Y un chico mete al chillón de la chepa un chichón por chirrichote, y el chiste, y lo chocante, es que la chepa se le ha chafado con la hinchazón del chirlo.
El vino vino, pero el vino no vino vino. El vino vino vinagre.

No comments: